Steam Gala Day
29 Oct 2017
The Gala Day will feature the usual unlimited tractor and train rides all day with as many engines and tractors in steam as possible.
The Bredgar & Wormshill Light Railway is more that just a train ride..........
- On view in the engine shed there is a whole range of steam locomotives of varying gauges, freight and carriage stock, and other railway artefacts.
- A corner of the engine shed has been built to represent a pumping station with a working Victorian Steam Driven Beam Engine.
- Not all steam powered vehicles require rails, The Bredgar & Wormshill Light Railway has a collection of steam traction engines, agricultural and a showmans.
- For our younger visitors there is the Railway Shop and a LGB model railway.
- There are walks in the woods and picnic areas, and plenty of places to just sit and watch the trains go by.
- A Tea Room where home made cakes can be enjoyed while being entertained by the music of a Dutch Street Organ.