Murston Heart Project
This attraction is closed until further notice. Check website and social media for updates.
Murston Old Church is the remaining chancel of the C12 parish church of Murston. Originally comprising three chancels, nave and bell tower it was partially demolished in 1873 with many of the features incorporated into the new All Saints church a mile up the road. The central chancel was left as a cemetery chapel as burials continued here into the 1920s. The site is a designated Scheduled Ancient Monument.
Volunteers with The Murston HeArt Project maintain the church and graveyard for the benefit of all as a peaceful oasis of calm surrounded by the Eurolink Industrial Estate. The grounds are open permanently, the church is opened by appointment.
Future plans for the site are to create a community arts and heritage hub in a new building in the north-east corner of the graveyard. Free community events are held once or twice a year. These are advertised widely on social media and in the local press.
The site is an open space and accessible all year. The Church is only open at events or by appointment only.