Faversham - Celebrating 30 year of Hops, Hops and More Hops!
Are you ready for one of the largest free street festivals in the South East?
Celebrating 30 years, the Faversham Hop Festival 2019 on Saturday 31 August and Sunday 1 September will be attracting visitors from London, the South East of England and beyond. Delivering something for all the family, including live music stages, arts & crafts, Morris Dancers, street performers, heritage, dedicated family area & fun fair and much, much more.
- Live Music and Bands - Sounds like music to my ears! For an hour-by-hour guide for everything that is on, please click here.
- Family Fun - Bouncy Castles, Haunted Houses, fun fair rides and other classic activities, such as hook the duck, for children of all ages.
- Food and Drink - A huge selection of beers, ciders and other drinks to wet your whistle, plus a wide range of different foods available to tickle your taste buds.
- Morris & Dance - Be prepared to be stopped in your tracks to watch an array of street entertainers such as morris dancers, jugglers, magicians and many more.
- The Fleur de Lis Heritage Centre and the Shepherd Neame Visitor Centre and Brewery Tours will bring the heritage of the town to life together with themes and features within the festival.
- Shopping - A variety of different stalls offering an extra treat for yourself or a loved one on the day, as well as the popular Faversham Market with the usual offerings of local produce, plants, household items and many more. Further spotlight on Faversham's shopping offer.
- Let the train take the strain and relax to and from Faversham Railway Station on High Speed 1 from St Pancras International in London.
- Looking for a place to stay in and around Faversham?
- Further information available on the Faversham Hop Festival official website.
- Additional Faversham tourism information and downloadable map available on Visit Faversham
This is definitely an event to mark in the calendar, and as it is free to all, suitable for all, and full of fun, what’s stopping you?!
Swale has many festivals throughout the year, check out our Festivals page for more information and get those dates saved in your diary!