Join Kent Downs Experience Maker Programme - Get Free Business Support
"Calling Swale area businesses and individuals"
The EXPERIENCE Development Programmes delivered by Visit Kent and the Kent Downs AONB provide expert support for businesses, individuals and organisations to develop new off-season Tourism Experiences.
The 'Kent Downs Experience Maker Programme' welcomes applications from farmers, land owners, land managers and rural tourism businesses that live or work in the Kent Downs AONB or along the North Downs Way who want to build experiences based on landscape, nature, local produce or rural life and culture. So if you'd like to attract more outdoor enthusiasts to your business and/or you have a fabulous sustainable tourism idea then read on and find out more.
Applications are open now until 15th November.
What's in it for you?
If you become a Kent Downs Experience Maker you will benefit from;
- Support through the whole process from various experts.
- Being part of the Kent Downs Experience Maker Collection. With the recognition and tourism value of a nationally designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and/or a National Trail.
- Opportunities to diversify your business model with support.
- Free consumer marketing promotion through Kent Downs AONB, National Trails and project partners, featuring in targeted seasonal campaigns.
- Distribution of your product through international and domestic travel trade where appropriate.
- Connections and networking with cross-sector rural and tourism businesses through the Kent Downs and Visit Kent networks.
- All at no cost to your business.
And there's more...
- Experience Maker Workshops - Expert guidance on how to turn your idea into reality and access our Experience Maker Toolkit
- 1-2-1 Expert Consultation - Helping you refine your experience and support with any launch or implementation probelms you might face along the way.
- Product and Market Testing - Market testing of your concept with consumers and travel trade providing valuable data on key audiences , creative messages that work.
- Marketing Support - Using our experience of the market we can support you with content writing , photography, campaign planning and promotion.
- Launch and Promotion - Support with taking your experience to market through our marketing and partner channels and the option to be included in project campaign.
This is not new - this is another chance to get onboard and explore ways extend your seasonality or create a new product. The 'Countryside Experience Journey' started back in February with an introductory webinar led by Chris Brant from Unmissable England. He explained what makes a great experience and how you can work with Kent Downs to turn your idea into a reality. If you missed the introductory webinar, you can watch it below.