RNLI Life Guards from 4th July 2020 until September on this beach - please respect the water and stay safe.
Leysdown is a beach located at the eastern end of the Isle of Sheppey on the north Kent coast. Traditional small seaside resort with shops and amusement arcades. The beach is characterised by a steep high sea wall with flood gates and ramps/steps at intervals, with a shallow family friendly sandy beach, intermittent groynes and a few rocks. Steps and ramps lead down from the flat, wide promenade. Beyond are wide open natural greenspaces such as the Coastal Park and nature reserves.
Getting to Leysdown Beach...
- There are mant tools to plan your journey to the beach, use postcode ME12 4QB
- The nearest railway station is Sheerness-on-Sea, just over nine miles away.
- There is no taxi rank at the beach so they will need to be booked.
- The nearest bus stop is on Leysdown Road abour 300m from the beach and served by the number 362 bus.
- There is no car park immediately by the beach, the nearest car park has 269 spaces and just 200m meters away (ME12 4QB).
On Leysdown Beach...
- An information board can be found near the lifeguard station.
- There is 50 meters of bathing beach as well as a 4 meter wide promenade with clear signage and street lighting.
- Two access points to the beach have steps and ramps with handrails.
- RNLI Lifeguards are apresent at the weekends from May and then full time from the middle of July to September between 10:00am and 17:00pm.
- When the RNLI are not present First Aid support can be accessed via Sheppey Community Hospital (ME12 3LT - 01795 879100) or Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital (ME10 4DT - 01795 418300)
- Toilets are located near the promenade and sign posted, available between Easter and September. Shower (£1) and water taps are available.
- Dogs are not allowed on the beach between May and September.
Attractions near Leysdown Beach...
- The Coffee Pot provides drinks and snacks just 90 meters from the promenade.
- About 120 meters from the promenade is Bambino Italian, providing ice cream, drinks, pizza and pasta.
- Leysdown High street is close with a selection of shops, services and food outlets.
- There are a number of Amusements Arcades near or on the promenade that also provide refreshments including -
- Playtime Amusements
- Beach Hut Funland
- Mr G's
- Jimmy G's
- Coin Castle
- JB's Amusements
- Las Vegas
- A private beach is adjacent to the bathing beach and popular with jet ski users.
- A popular Boot Fair is held every Sunday and on Bank Holidays on Leysdown Road, depending on Covid-19 restrictions.
Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Registered Assistance Dogs welcome
Restaurant / Cafe / Tea shop