Join Visit Swale Authors Group - Guest Article Opportunity
Guest writers are encouraged to provide copy for feature articles on the Visit Swale website with good quality jpeg images and or You Tube video urls. Articles will be published and listed on the Visit Swale home page and the Faversham News and Articles page of the Visit Faversham section of the website as appropriate.
1. A good Swale destination hook and title of public interest to visitors and residents.
2. A summary strapline of one or two sentences to be used for SEO and listing information.
3. A word count of between 500 – 900 words for interest and dwell time, with a range of links for further information as appropriate.
4. Supporting images must be in jpeg format and not PNG files with a file size of between 300KB and 5MB. Noting that at least one image must be horizontal for use as a banner image and one portrait style for a listing/summary image.
5. Images where appropriate should include people and products with all photographic permissions received from those featured agreeing for use of the image for marketing and promotional purposes. An image featuring people enjoying an experience or looking to enjoy food and drink is always much more inspiring that an empty bar or restaurant or an empty landscape.
6. Copy and images can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and follow up calls handled on 01795 417399.
Visit Swale is a mico-site hosted by Visit Kent and content is managed collaboratively with Visit Faversham, the tourism information website provided by Faversham Town Council. Swale tourism business support, destination stories for sharing as part of a Swale marketing tool kit and sector insights and information can be found on the Visit Swale Advice Hub hosted on the Swale Means Business.
Contact the Visit Swale team at Swale Borough Council by emailing email@example.com or calling 01795 417399 during office hours
Not on our Visit Faversham Pages?
To submit details of your event, attraction or accommodation on the Visit Faversham pages, please contact Claire Windridge at Faversham Town Council.
Tel: 01795 503288
Not on our Visit Swale or Visit Kent websites?
Event / What's On Submission Form - complete online and upload at least two good quality jpeg images. We will review your submission and publish on both Visit Swale and Visit Kent within three working days.
New accommodation and attraction providers are required to complete the appropriate form from the list below, name, save and return it to us with at least one landscape and one portrait image to support your listing directly by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you once your page is live.
Should you wish to electronically receive a form in editable Microsoft Word Format, please send an email request to us at email@example.com and we will send through the form(s).
As a Local Authority Member of 'British Destinations' large Visit Swale events may upon request be added to appear on www.britishdestinations.co.uk. Commercial Swale tourism businesses can find out more about the services provided by British Destinations by visiting www.britishdestinations.net