Milton Regis Court Hall Museum
Milton Regis Court Hall dates from about 1450, being built in the reign of Henry VI.
Designed as a court and administrative centre for the Hundred, covering Sheppey and the mainland between Milstead, Newington and Bapchild. It was also central to Milton's market, being the guildhall and trading standards office.
The building consists of a single ground floor gallery and a flight of stairs to the upper floor. It is timber framed with plaster infill, topped with a tiled roof and is one of only two court halls in Kent. It also contains and small gaol cell.
For many years it was incorporated within a range of 18th Century houses which were demolished in the 1950's thus exposing it again as a free standing structure. It now stands (since 1999) within a small landscaped area created in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales.
Friends of Milton Regis Court Hall
Open Saturdays April - September.
Other times for groups by arrangement