Minster Shingle Bank Beach
SAFETY NOTICE: There are currently no lifeguards patrolling this beach - respect the water and stay safe.
Next to the Minster Leas Beach is the Shingle Bank stretch of beach also on the north shore of the Isle of Sheppey. This stretch of beach is popular amongst water sports users, with its launching ramp well marked-out area.
This raised shingle area offers stunning views across the Estuary, alongside being able to watch the paddle boarders, kite surfers & windsurfers enjoy our waters.
Swale Borough Council's Seafront Manager introducing and welcoming you to Minster Shingle Bank Beach.
Getting to Minster Shingle Bank Beach...
- Planning your visit to the beach can be done via various tools and the postcode is ME12 2TE.
- The nearest railway station is Sheerness-on-Sea, about four miles away.
- There is no taxi rank near the beach so they will need to be booked.
- There are bus stops at either end of the beach and served by the number 367 bus.
- There is parking available on the Shingle Bank (vehicles over 2.3metres width are prohibited). Postcode: ME12 2FD.
- Vehicular access is gained via the access ramp, opposite Minster Windsurfing Academy, along the Coastal Road.
On Minster Shingle Bank Beach...
- Information boards can be found at the top of the access ramp.
- The beach is made of shingle with a narrow shared footpath running the length of the beach connecting to Sheerness to the West and Minster Leas Beach to the East. It is suitable for pedestrians and cyclists with separated lanes.
- Bathing is recommended at the adjacent Minster Leas Blue Flag beach.
- Visitors are advised to take their rubbish home with them where possible, but there are four rubbish bins located at the top of the access ramp.
- Although dogs are not banned on this beach, owners are respectfully advised to keep their dogs under control & pick any dog waste up
- RNLI Lifeguards DO NOT cover this beach, but can be found on the adjacent Minster Leas bathing beach mid-July to beginning of September 10am – 6pm.
- First Aid provision can be sought from the nearby RNLI Lifeguards when they are on duty, or from Sheppey Community Hospital (ME12 3LT - 01795 879100) or Sittingbourne Memorial Hospital (ME10 4DT - 01795 418300) can help.
- Public toilets can be found next to the White House, opposite the beach, with disabled toilets (ME12 1NL) accessible with a RADAR key.
Attractions near Minster Shingle Bank Beach...
- Minster Windsurf Academy is situated opposite the Shingle Bank and can be contacted for further information (ME12 2TE - 07713 122068).
- The Sweet Hut is on the Minster Leas beach promenade and sells various beverages and sweets and is in the former Lifeguard hut.
- Playa Public House is nearby providing meals, light snacks and drinks.
- Barton’s Point Coastal Park is located behind the East end of the beach.
- The Abbey Hotel and Conference Centre is nearby for accommodation (ME12 2DA).
- Minster Gatehouse Museum (approximately 1 mile away in Minster) (ME12 2HW).
Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Registered Assistance Dogs welcome
Suitable for families