Murston Heart is a community arts venue set in the beautiful historic grounds of Murston Old Church.
Murston Old Church is the remaining chancel of the C12 parish church of Murston. Originally comprising three chancels, nave and bell tower it was partially demolished in 1873. The central chancel is all that remains. The site is a designated Scheduled Ancient Monument.
The 12th Century Chancel – now The Chancel Gallery, it has been completely restored and is available to hire.
The new studio block is designed specifically for creatives and is available to rent on flexible short term leases or hire on an hourly, daily or weekly basis.
There are 6 studios, a community room, café and car parking. The area is disable friendly.
Volunteers maintain the grounds for the benefit of all as a peaceful oasis of calm.
The grounds are open permanently.
The buildings opening hours vary so please check our website.
The site is an open space and accessible all year. The Church is only open at events or by appointment only.