Time to take another look at Sittingbourne, rediscover the established offer and look out for new experiences and attractions in the town as the country comes out of lockdown.
- Find attractions in Sittingbourne and the surrounding villages
- Find accommodation in the Sittingbourne area
- Find events in Sittingbourne
- Go Shopping in Sittingbourne
- A comfy place to rest, a place to do business amongst some of the biggest and brightest companies, a place that's easy to reach and easy to relax in at the end of the day.
- That is just the tip of the iceberg; with intriguing history, a slew of sports and recreation, some creative culture, invigorating outdoor experiences alongside a serious choice of emerging comforts and essentials and all just 45 minutes from London and other regional attractions.
- Sittingbourne has undergone a lengthy period of investment and regeneration culminating in the opening of a new Travelodge for Sittingbourne in 2020 and The Light Cinema Sittingbourne, bowling alley and more food and drink options planned to open in summer 2021. New restaurants have already opened in the town including the Sentado Lounge, Tacos Locos, the Amalfi Ristorante Pizzeria complimenting the existing High Street offer and choice for that special evening meal.
- Enjoy the open air, nature and sport at Milton Creek Country Park, take a family trip down memory lane on one of the two heritage railways; Sittingbourne and Kemsley Light Railway, which travels into the country park and just outside Sittingbourne the Bredgar and Wormshill Light Railway, home to over 10 different locomotives.
- Swallows leisure centre, Go Karting at Bayford Meadows, Greyhound Racing and Speedway at Central Park Stadium together with a variety of entertainment and hospitality venues in the town are improving the draw as a local destination.
- Surrounding the town are attractive orchards and farmland, and beautiful villages potted with centuries-old churches. Milton Creek Country Park is also a fantastic green space from which to enjoy an oasis of wildlife, some of which are of national or international importance. Some of the surrounding countryside happens to be part of the North Downs Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- Sittingbourne and its nearby Milton Regis, both have a rich history in paper-making, brick-making and barge-building. Indeed - it is because of these industries and Milton Creek that Sittingbourne is where it is today! The Heritage Hub in the Forum Shopping Centre, Sittingbourne Heritage Museum and the Court Hall Museum are all worth a visit to bringing the story of the town to life. Sittingbourne is the only UK town twinned with Ypres in Belgium and because of its links many of its locals call it a town to be proud of.
- Sittingbourne a 'Town to be Proud of' - Film produced with the community in 2015 providing a moment in time of the town.
- Sittingbourne is a great base from which to have your holiday, where are you going to stay in Sittingbourne?
- Filming: Sittingbourne locations have been featured on film and TV and include Sittingbourne Greyhound Stadium, where scenes from 'The Riddle (2007)' were shot and the police station used in the Channel 4 series 'Southcliffe' (2013) is located. The Kent Film Office regularly works with location managers to bring filming to the county.
- Go to Visit Swale's 'Plan Your Visit' pages for more itinerary suggestions for a stay in Sittingbourne and surrounding villages.
- Top Places to Visit in Sittingbourne